Oil Guard By-Pass for System Diagnosis
OIL GUARD- diagnostic tool for quality control of oil in air conditioners.
With Oil Guard it is possible to verify the quality and miscibility of the oil inside A/C systems.
• Maximum capacity: 20 ml
• Maximum working temperature: 50 °c
• Maximum working pressure: 20 bar
• Type of connection: r134a low and high pressure quick couplers
Preparating Oil Guard
Connect the quick couplers to the hoses of Oil Guard.
Open the 2 ball valves of Oil Guard (horizontal position).
With a charging/recovery unit vacuum Oil Guard for at least 5 minutes.
After the vacuum operation close the 2 ball valves of Oil Guard.
1.Start the vehicle engine and set the A/C system on “LOW”.
2.Connect the high pressure hose of Oil Guard to the high pressure charging port of the vehicle A/C system.
3.Connect the low pressure hose of Oil Guard to the low pressure charging port of the vehicle A/C system.
4.Open the valves of the quick couplers of Oil Guard (high and low pressure)
5. Keeping Oil Guard in vertical position with the red part down, gradually open the ball valve and let the refrigerant gas mixed with oil enter the cylinder, for approximately ¼ of the volume of Oil Guard.
This procedure requires caution and sensitivity by the user.
Check of the quality of the oil
1. Set Oil Guard in vertical position with the blue ball valve (low-pressure side) up.
2. Gradually moving the blue ball valve, let the refrigerant evaporate to keep only oil and other contaminants inside the cylinder.
3. Verify the quality of the oil referring to the images below.
1- Oil and refrigerant with good miscibility.
2- Oil, refrigerant and U/V dye with good miscibility.
3- Bad miscibility between oil and refrigerant.
4- The compressor is not properly working.